Couple Arrested for Dancing While Waiting for the NYC Subway
Dancing is a crime ... according to some New York City police officers. Fox and Friends reported that a couple in their fifties were arrested because they were dancing while waiting for the subway. Reportedly, they had just gone to hear jazz at Lincoln Center and were doing the Charleston while waiting on the subway platform. They say police officers approached them and said they weren’t allowed to dance on the platform. Officers asked for ID, but when the woman could only produce a credit card that had her picture and signature on it, the cops ordered the pair to go with them.
Follow Fox News Insider on Twitter!
Things took a turn for the worse when
the man took out his cell phone and began recording the whole incident. The couple said they were detained by police for “impeding the flow of traffic” and held for 23 hours. All of the charges have been dropped but the couple plans to file a suit.
- VIDEO: Pastor Arrested for Reading Bible in Public
- Woman Arrested for Warning Drivers About Speed Trap
- South Carolina Mom Arrested for Cheering at Her Daughter’s Graduation
- Is Mayor Bloomberg’s Proposed Ban of Sugary Drinks Legal?
- You Decide: Is the NYC Department of Education List of Banned Words ‘Absurd’?