JUST IN: State Department Moving Staff Out of Embassy in Tripoli
The administration spoke out Thursday night, stating that they would be temporarily removing more staff from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli following the deadly attack that killed four Americans earlier this month. They say they are hoping to return the staff early next week, but will reassess the situation.
Below is more information out from Reuters:
The United States is temporarily withdrawing more staff from its embassy in Libya's capital for security reasons, but hopes to return them to Tripoli early next week, the U.S. State Department said on Thursday.
``This is a temporary further drawdown of staff for security reasons. We will review our posture again early next week with the goal of restoring staff as soon as conditions allow,'' a State Department official said in New York, where Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is attending the U.N. General Assembly.
The senior official declined to say how many staff were being withdrawn or discuss specifics.
U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed during what Washington has called aterrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 11.