DEBATE QUOTE: Obama Blasts Romney’s Policies - "The 1980s Are Calling to Ask for Their Foreign Policy Back"
In tonight’s debate, President Obama attacked Romney’s previous comments on foreign policy, saying, “I’m glad that you recognize that Al Qaeda is a threat because a few months ago when you were asked 'what’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America,' you said 'Russia.' Not Al Qaeda, you said Russia. The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back. The Cold War has been over for 20 years.”
In an interview with CNN, Romney said, "Well, I’m saying in terms of a geopolitical opponent, the nation that lines up with the world’s worst actors. Of course, the greatest threat that the world faces is a nuclear Iran. A nuclear North Korea is already troubling enough.
But when these – these terrible actors pursue their course in the world and we go to the United Nations looking for ways to stop them, when – when Assad, for instance, is murdering his own people, we go – we go to the United Nations, and who is it that always stands up for the world’s worst actors?
It is always Russia, typically with China alongside." Read more from the interview.
He continued to press the governor, saying, “Every time you’ve offered an opinion, you’ve been wrong.”
Related Debate Posts:
- Charles Krauthammer: “It’s Unequivocal Mitt Romney Won”
- Chris Wallace — “...If I’d Just Come Back From Being Stranded on a Desert Island”
- VOTE: Who Won the Third Presidential Debate?
- DEBATE QUOTE: Obama on the Changing Nature of the Military – “We Have Fewer Horses and Bayonets” Than We Did in 1916
- DEBATE QUOTE: Romney on Obama’s Apology Tour and Iran – “They Saw Weakness Where They Had Expected to Find American Strength”
Follow Fox News Insider, the official blog of Fox News Channel on Twitter and Google+!