Maria Molina's Latest Update on Hurricane Sandy: 11-Foot Storm Surge Could Hit Long Island Sound, New York Harbor
Fox News Channel's Maria Molina just provided us with this update on Hurricane Sandy.
- Sandy is strengthening, now with maximum sustained winds of 85mph, low pressure at 946mb
- Forecast have winds of 90mph before landfall in Central-Southern New Jersey on Monday evening/night
- A storm surge as high as 11-feet could hit Long Island Sound and New York Harbor, with a widespread water rise of 4-8’ across the Mid-Atlantic Coast and Northeast.
- Widespread rainfall amounts of 4-8” are predicted in the Northeast, and 12” in parts of the Mid-Atlantic.
- Blizzard warnings are posted in West Virginia, with up to 2-3 feet of snow possible. Some snow will also make it down to North Carolina.
- There are storm warnings in the Great Lakes with waves that could build to 25 feet by Tuesday morning due to Sandy.