'Hannity' Preview: Explosive New Details on Benghazi Terror Attack Revealed in New Book 'Benghazi: The Definitive Report'
Tonight at 9p/12a ET on Hannity, the authors of ‘Benghazi: The Definitive Report,’ provide the first inside account of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. Brandon Webb, a former U.S. Navy SEAL, and Jack Murphy, a former U.S. Army Ranger/Green Beret, embarked upon an in-depth investigation to determine what exactly happened during the terrorist attack that killed four Americans, including Webb’s dear friend and SEAL teammate Glen Doherty.
According to a press release from publisher William Morrow, the book reveals startling new information, including:
- “Ambassador Stevens did not see eye to eye with White House counterterrorism adviser (and current CIA director nominee) John Brennan: Brennan was involved with a significant number of covert operations with the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) and Stevens viewed Brennan’s unilateral military action as counterproductive to his diplomatic mission in Libya. Webb and Murphy believe that the 9/11/12 attack was blowback for JSOC’s covert operations.
- The team from Tripoli: Two Army Special Operations personnel from Joint Special Operations Command and five CIA personnel commandeered a small jet and were able to buy their way onto a plane with $30,000 in US cash in order to help in the attack.
- CIA deserves credit for what was accomplished: They managed to successfully rescue six State Department personnel, recover Smith’s body, get approximately thirty Americans out alive, and leave Benghazi with all Americans accounted for. Plus, they didn’t compromise any classified material in the process.
- Details inside General Petraeus’s resignation: While it appeared that Petraeus resigned over something to do with Benghazi, he was likely sold out. Petraeus knew that he was a perpetual outsider in the administration and was waiting until after the election to resign. Over the years he made plenty of enemies at the CIA and when they decided they wanted him out, details regarding his affair with Paula Broadwell emerged and they forced him out on their terms.
- Dangerous warning signs lead up to the attack: On May 22nd, 2012, the International Committee for the Red Cross/Red Crescent building in Benghazi was hit by two rocket propelled grenade rounds. On June 6th, the U.S. Temporary Mission Facility was targeted by an improvised explosive device attack that blew a hole in the perimeter wall. On June 11th, attackers fired on a convoy of the British Ambassador to Libya, and on June 18th, the Tunisian consulate in Benghazi was stormed by individuals affiliated with Ansar Al-Sharia Libya.
- Poorly armed guards: Shockingly, the Department of State local guards were armed with bats, not guns, so it’s no surprise they were the first ones to flee the scene. With the Libyan government weak and unable to provide security, the State Department felt forced to rely on local militias with questionable loyalty for protection.
- Myth busting: The media circled around various reports and untrue stories in the wake of the attack. For example, one false story was that there was a gunship circling over Benghazi the night of the attack but that the crew was denied permission to initiate airstrikes to support those on the ground.”
The Benghazi attack continues to spark heated discussion throughout Washington, D.C. and the rest of the nation. This weekend, Senator John McCain tore into NBC’s David Gregory during an appearance on ‘Meet the Press.’ When Gregory pushed back on McCain’s accusations of a cover-up surrounding the attack, McCain blasted, “Do you care whether four Americans died? The reasons for that? And shouldn't people be held accountable for the fact that four Americans died?” Watch the exchange below and tune in to Hannity, tonight at 9p/12a ET to hear the inside account of the events surrounding the attack.
Top Stories on Fox News Insider:
- John McCain Tears Into NBC’s David Gregory: ‘Do You Care Whether Four Americans Died in Benghazi?’
- INTERVIEW: Suzanna Hupp, Survivor of Luby’s Mass Shooting, Argues Against Gun Control, Saying Texas Gun Law Left Her Defenseless
- Is America Ready for a Libertarian President?
- WATCH: Dr. Keith Ablow Discusses Addiction, Depression in Wake of Mindy McCready Suicide
Follow Fox News Insider, the official blog of Fox News Channel on Twitter and Google+!