Talking Points Memo: Does the President Have an Obligation to Tell Us the Truth?
President Obama touted transparency when he first took office and said he’d be a leader the American people could trust. Tonight in Bill O’Reilly’s Talking Points Memo, he said, “We have a very embarrassing situation for Barack Obama."
Robert Gibbs recently revealed that when he was White House press secretary, he was told he couldn’t acknowledge the drone program or even discuss its existence. “But here’s what’s inherently crazy
about that proposition. You’re being asked a question based on reporting of a program that exists,” Gibbs said Sunday on MSNBC.
O’Reilly said the American people have a right to know about what is being done in their name. That doesn’t mean the government needs to reveal specifics, but rather the philosophy of combat operations.
“If Dana Perino has said publicly that President Bush had ordered her not to give information about an important program, it would’ve been a front page story in The New York Times and every liberal paper in the country,” the Factor host said.
Top Stories on Fox News Insider:
- Democratic Congressman Lashes Out at Sean Hannity for Questioning President Obama
- Vietnam Vet: Misdemeanor Assault Charge From ’68 Prevents Me From Owning a Gun
- Why Did ABC’s ‘Good Morning America’ Edit Out Michelle Obama’s Automatic Weapons Comment?
- Caught on Tape: Chinese Diplomat Goes Ballistic After Missing Two Flights
- WATCH: President Obama Makes Remarks at Rosa Parks Statue Dedication
Follow Fox News Insider, the official blog of Fox News Channel on Twitter and Google+!